Bachelor of Arts, Miami University. XML Quickstart from DataChannel Communications. Introduction to Macromedia Flash MX 2004 from CSU Continuing Education
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX & CS3, Acrobat Professional 6 & 7, Microsoft Word, Excel,
Photoshop, Flash MX, Python, XML, Research. Familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2007, XSLT.
Web Designer and Developer, Brooksource, 2009 Consultant to the Dispatch Printing Company.
- Created OhGetIt.com website – Produced $5200 revenue and increased page views by 80% in first 12 days. Previous two weeks produced $360 revenue.
- Created multiple images for sites using Adobe Photoshop CS4 and Illustrator CS4.
- Created wireframe documents describing user flow (interaction design) through multiple websites.
- Created wireframe document from sketches to show content layout.
- Created XSL Transform to create HTML content.
Web Application Developer, Millennial Technologies, Inc., 2008-2009
- Performed web application performance testing, discovered and implemented solutions.
- Performed Section 508 compliance reviews on web-based CRM application.
- Evaluated test suites for automated web application testing.
- Researched Firefox extension development.
- Researched several other issues system was having and recommended solutions.
Web Design and Development Consultant, 2008-present
- Created MD Communications website.
- Consulted at Honda of America Manufacturing to train web site management team in use of Web Standards.
Consultant, Aeon Group LLC, 2005-2007
Consultant to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service Columbus branch (DFAS-CO).
- Performed Section 508 compliance reviews on MOCAS system user manuals and contract level documents (125 documents totaling 3000+ pages).
- Provided training information for Section 508 and DFAS compliance.
- Created a series of Word 2003 Macros to perform 508 compliance tests on Word documents.
- Created a series of Word 2003 Macros to speed conversion of old content to new format. Macros resulted in a reduction of 90% of text edits.
- Created and maintained a series of progress tracking spreadsheets and automated the daily update process. The automated process connected an Excel workbook to a TestDirector database. The automation changed the time the process took from two hours a day to four minutes a day.
Consultant, Bucher and Christian Consulting, 2003-2005
Consultant to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service Cleveland branch (DFAS-CL)
- Redesigned secure website Dreamweaver template to take advantage of web standards. This resulted in files that were an average of 27% smaller.
- Maintained approximately 30,000 files on three websites.
- Reviewed HTML, PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, RTF, and plain text files for Section 508 compliance.
- Created web page template(s) from design comps for three websites.
- Converted 1300 Word documents to PDF format. Also insured that the PDF files were compliant with Section 508. Updated Word documents moved to CMS.
- Other achievements:
- Implemented quarterly automated tests for broken links in site, compliance with Section 508 requirements.
- Created a set of Dreamweaver extensions to automatically insert images and dates.
- Created a series of Python scripts to automate administrative functions, resulting in time savings of five hours a month.
- Created program to automate statistics generation for multiple websites in custom reports.
- Created program to automatically rename files, directories, and links in HTM pages to use a new naming convention. Estimated time savings of two weeks (80 hours).
- Used Analog to provide website use information to management, later used WebTrends to provide same information.
Web Designer and Developer, LexisNexis, Dayton, Ohio, 2000-2002
LexisNexis provides authoritative legal, news, public records and business information; including tax and regulatory publications in online, print or CD-ROM formats.
- Reduced the number of errors in sites and saved an hour per day by creating a series of menu extensions for Macromedia Dreamweaver. Provided documentation and training for custom extensions.
- Performed initial functional testing on Custom Interfaces to insure that client needs were being met.
Technologist, MicroAge Technology Services, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1998-2000
MTS was a consulting firm that provided IT services to organizations that needed such expertise.
Consultant to General Electric Aircraft Engines Military Inlet & Exhaust Systems Department
- Generated an estimated $250,000 in corporate overhead savings while consulting by analyzing, defining, and implementing a proof-of-concept web-based training tool using HTML and Perl CGI.
- Defined and implemented a supercomputing-class resource for collateral (top secret) processing.
- Liaison between various functional teams including engineers, IT staff, and third party vendors.
Consultant to Miami University
- Lead technician on site, responsible for scheduling repairs and prioritization of repair requests.
- Diagnosed problems in malfunctioning hardware and facilitate repair.
- Ordered replacement parts and schedule return of defective parts to manufacturers and vendors.
- Maintained and improved relationships with customers and third party vendors.